Our Consultancy Services:
Creative Western Adventures is in a unique position, being both:
• a leading Canadian Tour Operator in Sustainable and Native Tourism and
• a provider of Sustainable Tourism Development Consultancy Services with extensive experience both in Canada and internationally
Our main interest regarding Consultancy Services is the development of sustainable tourism for the benefit of First Nation, Métis, Inuit and other local communities. Our approach is highly consultative and participatory. We do not work for people; we work with them. Both ethically and commercially aware, we have strong skills in gearing tourism towards benefiting the socio-economic, cultural and environmental needs of destination areas while satisfying the high expectations of national and international visitors.
We specialize in experiences that foster deep and lasting interconnectedness between visitors and their hosts, between traditional and modern cultures, between human beings and the natural world. Our approach goes far beyond Ecotourism and Cultural Tourism. It is based on:
• Deep Ecology and Native Wisdom which teach us to move away from human-centered thinking and help us truly re-connect with the natural world.
• Transcultural Experiences that celebrate cultural diversity and transcend cultural differences that seem to divide people in order to get to the core of what brings them together.
• Restorative Journeys which promote mutual healing between visitors and hosts, between humans and the environment.
Many of the fields we work with are new and ever-evolving and we make a point of keeping in touch with this fascinating evolution.
Our Consultancy services include, but are not limited to:
• Feasibility Studies
• Tourism Potential Assessment in terms of attractions and activities, but also of transcultural and restorative opportunities
• Development of Sustainable Tourism Programs including Community-Based Tourism
• Marketing of Sustainable Tourism Programs
• Facilitation of Consultation and Participatory Processes
• Talks and Presentations
• Training, Coaching, Mentoring: Sustainable Tourism Awareness, Sustainable Tourism Development, Community-Based Tourism, Deep Ecology, Restorative Travel, Host-Guest Relationships, Guiding skills, Hospitality Skills in Remote locations
We work with a variety of partners, including Native Partners, Environmentalists, Deep Ecologists and Academics.